By default, every Users inbound calls will try to ring their main device for 25 seconds and if the call is not answered it will then go to their voicemail.
Answering Rules allow the User to have pre-configured profiles that control their inbound calls with flexible features like screening, forwarding and simultaneous ring.
Each User can have multiple Answering Rules that can be activated by Time Frames or Drag and Drop management.
- You should create any needed Time Frames before creating an Answering Rule. It’s good to have an “Anytime” or “Always” rule for simple setups.
- Answering Rules are used in the order listed, top to bottom.
- If more than one Answering Rule matches a Time Frame the top most rule will be used.
- Answering Rules can be re-arranged by dragging and dropping them to the desired order. You must click Save for the changes to apply.
- When entering an Onnet forward destination you will see a drop down of destination options appear. You may select any option to go directly to that destination.
Creating an Answering Rule.
1. Login to the PBX Dashboard.
2. If logged in as an Office Manager go to the Users page, click the desired User and go to the Answering Rules tab – or – if logged in as a User go to the Answering Rules page and click Add User.
3. Select a Time Frame when the profile will be active enter the settings and click Save.
*Note: See below for a detailed description is the available fields and settings.
Answering Rule Fields and Settings.
|The time frame when the Answering Rule will be active.
|Do Not Disturb
|Automatically sends any incoming call directly to voice mail.
|Caller will be prompted to record their name. The User will be notified with the Caller’s name and given the option to Answer, Direct to Voice Mail or Reject the call.
|User’s device(s) will not be rung and the call will automatically be forwarded to the specified destination.
|Forward When Busy
|Forwards call to the specified destination if User has no call paths available.
|Forward When Unanswered
|Forwards call to the specified destination after the Ring Timeout expires.
|Forward If Device Offline
|Forwards call to the specified destination if the Users device is not connected to the network (is Offline). Useful for power and internet outages.
|Allows multiple phones or destinations to ring at the same time.
Include User’s Extension: Ring main device/phone
Ring All User’s Phones: Ring all additional devices/phones User has.
Answer Confirmation for Offnet Numbers: Will ask called destination to press 1 to accept the call. Helpful to avoid sim ring calls to cell phones ending up in cell phone voicemail.
Extension, number or Phone: Enter any onnet or offnet destination you want to simultaneously ring. Click + to add more destinations. Use the time icon to apply a delay before ringing that destination.
*Note: Sim ring includes devices/phones not Users. A sim ring to 101 will ring the main phone for 101 and not follow the Users settings. You can ring any specific phone for a User by entering the full phone extension. For example 101m to ring their mobile app.
|Just ring User’s Extension
|Normal Operation: Rings your desk phone and goes to voicemail after the Ring Timeout expires